Typical application showing tool testing pin contacts.
The quality assurance test most often overlooked is contact retention (proper seating of power contacts). This important test can now be performed simply and in a matter of seconds with the JRready retention testing tools for power conatcts.
- Package List: HT250-5+68-012-01+68-016-01+67-012-01+67-016-01
- Range LBS.(17.0 THRU 32.5)
- Tips are used together with retention tester to check contact's retention force
- The indicated linear force of each tool has been adjusted at the factory, which is 21.5lbs(97N). The tools can be preset at the factory to your request
- Insert tester into a contact so that the tester and contact are in a straight line. Hold in this position throughout the testing procedure.
- NOTE: Retention test tools are to be used as a simple indicator to verify contact locking
These tools check the retention of pins and sockets in electrical connectors by indicating when propper pressure has been applied. Each tool body is set for a different poundage range (see chart A on back of this page). The tester tips are color coded for specific sizes and designated for pins or sockets. Use pin end tipes to test sockets and socket end tips to test pins. All tips are replaceable.